Vegan lentil lasagne 🍝
Follow republicofvegan for daily vegan inspiration 🌱💚
For this scrumptious recipe, You’ll need:
2 cups cooked brown lentils.
1 cup vegetable stock.
2 Tbsp olive oil.
1 brown onion, finely diced.
4 garlic cloves, crushed.
1 large carrot, grated.
1 large zucchini, grated.
1 tin diced tomatoes.
1/3 cup tomato paste.
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar.
4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed.
Salt and pepper.
1/4 cup vegan butter.
2 Tbsp flour.
350mL plant milk.
1/4 cup nutritional yeast OR grated vegan cheese.
8-10 sheets Lasagne sheets.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Heat a large frypan over medium heat. When hot, add onion and cook till translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add carrot, zucchini and cook balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 2 mins.
3. Add remaining ingredients then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 or until tender.
4. Meanwhile, make white sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan. Turn off heat and whisk in flour. Once whisked, add milk and yeast/cheese. Return to heat and whisk until you bring to a boil, seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Assemble your lasagne. In a large baking tray, add a layer of the lentil mix, top with white sauce and then a layer of Lasagne sheets. Repeat with more layers, finishing with a white sauce layer on top. Top with extra vegan cheese (optional) and chopped parsley and bake for 30-40 mins.
. . .