🍙😍 Tofu Katsu Sushi Sandwiches or “Onigirazu”! Follow vegandemocracy for daily vegan inspiration 🌱💚
Japanese Sushi Rice Recipe:
3 cups uncooked Japanese rice
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (this type of vinegar is essential)
3 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preparing the rice
1. Wash the Japanese rice 2-3 times with water.
2. Cook in a rice cooker. 1 cup rice = 1 cup water
3. While the rice is cooking, pour rice vinegar, sugar and salt into a large wooden or ceramic bowl. Mix well.
4. Once rice is cooked, add into the vinegar mixture and mix well. The hot rice will easily absorb the mixture.
5. Cover the rice with a damp towel. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover with a towel or cling wrap then refrigerate. Wrap Japanese sushi rice in nori sheets, fil with the “Katsu” which are breaded hot and spicy vegan fillets, carrot ribbons, and some lettuce. Finish off with lots of sesame seeds and homemade teriyaki sauce!