Squash Blossom Vegan Quesadillas! 🌮 Follow republicofvegan for daily vegan inspiration 🌱💚
Alexa from alexafuelednaturally created this incredible dish! Check out her recipe below:
10 squash blossoms
Salt & pepper
1 (14 ounces) container medium firm or extra firm tofu
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp any plant milk (I used oat milk)
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Remove tofu from package and wrap tofu block in 2 paper towels. Squeeze for 10 seconds then break apart tofu into your food processor. To the food processor add salt, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder, plant milk. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese like consistency. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
2. Clean off each squash blossom with a damp paper towel then trim the stems. In a pan over medium heat, add a tiny bit of oil and quickly cook the squash blossoms 10 seconds on each side. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Warm a cast-iron skillet or pan over medium heat. (Optional tip my mama taught me… wait till pan is super hot then quickly dip tortilla in water and add to hot pan. If the pan Doesn’t sizzle then it’s not ready!!!* flip the tortilla 10-15 seconds later…This makes your tortillas SO SOFT and fresh tasting giving a dry tortilla the moisture it needs. *** only do this tip w/ corn tortillas not flour tortilla***
4. Add a generous spoonful of tofu cheese on half the tortilla, then add squash blossom then fold over. Let cook for 1 minute on both sides.
5. Add sliced avocados and serve with salsa!