Ethiopian Spiced Lentils 😍
Follow veganmemesworld for daily vegan memes 🤣🤣🤣
Prep time:5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Recipe by betterfoodguru
2 cup split red lentils
5 cups water
4 garlic cloves minced
1 onion diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
5 tomatoes, chopped
4 tablespoons berbere spice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Boil lentils in water for 20 minutes
2. Meanwhile, fry the garlic and onions in oil until toasty 3-5 minutes
3. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and cook until tomatoes release juices
4. Add berbere spice, salt and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes
5. When lentils are soft, add spiced tomato and onion mixture to the lentils and simmer for 10 minutes to combine.
6. Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
7. Serve with salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, tomato, avocado and cabbage mixed with lemon juice and rice.