Baked Falafels 😋
Follow republicofvegan for daily vegan inspiration 🌱💚
They’re crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
Check out the recipe by nourishingalex :
Makes 9 falafels:
– 400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
– 1/2 medium onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, sliced OR 2tsp garlic granules
– 2 tbsp plain flour
– 2 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp dried parsley (or use fresh parsley if you have some)
– 1/2 tsp dried harissa seasoning
– juice of 1 lemon
– a little salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/180C can/400F/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
2. Once you’ve drained & rinsed the chickpeas, pat them dry using a clean tea towel or kitchen paper.
3. Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until you form a smooth mixture.
4. Scoop out a heaped tbsp of the mixture and shape into balls using your hands until all the mixture has been used up, then slightly flatten the balls on your baking tray to make falafel patties.
5. Bake them in the oven for around 20 mins until they’re crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
6. Serve in a pita with salad, a wrap or just add them to a Buddha bowl with a lemon tahini dressing! (1tbsp tahini, juice of 1/2 lemon & water for desired consistency) ENJOY! .